Joanna Rotenberg, Group Head, BMO Wealth Management, BMO Financial Group
Today is International Women’s Day, and this year’s theme is Be Bold for Change. It’s a call to forge a better working world – one that is more inclusive and gender equal.
BMO is working hard to be the bank that gets it right for women. BMO supports women within and across the Bank, and in our communities. We’re committed to leading initiatives that educate, support and celebrate women. Here are some of the great ways we are working to help women “Be Bold”:
- BMO supports women customers and clients through educational events for investors and entrepreneurs.
- For entrepreneurs: workshops designed to guide them through a process on planning and taking their business to the next level, with opportunities to network with other women business owners.
- For investors: workshops designed to guide them through the goal-setting process to enable them to
better articulate their short to long-term goals, and have better financial planning conversations with their advisors.
- We launched BMO for Women to address the unique needs of women, whether as entrepreneurs or in life, with the tools and resources they need to succeed. We are launching a series of podcasts and webinars on topics ranging from working with millennials to leaving a legacy to working with the LGBTQ community.
- BMO Global Asset Management launched the Women in Leadership Fund in 2016. This unique fund includes large, well-recognized North American companies that have a female chief executive officer or a board of directors with at least 25% female representation.
There are a number of activities taking place across the Bank today to celebrate International Women’s Day, including activities in branches to support women entrepreneurs.
Tonight, BMO will be recognized with the 2017 Catalyst Award, making BMO one of only nine organizations in the world to win the award twice. It’s a great honour and one that confirms that our efforts are taking us in the right direction of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Today is an important day to recognize the significant contributions of women: in the workplace, in our families, and in the community. But to also consider ways that you can support women’s equality – and #BeBoldForChange.